Mechanical Engineering Supervisor
1216D François-Xavier Bagnoud Aerospace Building
1320 Beal Avenue Ann Arbor, MI 48109-2140
- Plan, coordinate and supervise the technical support functions for instructional and research laboratories.
- Provide supervisory guidance and direction to diverse technical support team.
- Manage and oversees academic and research facilities maintenance and renovation projects.
- Establish and maintain standards of laboratory and personal safety, ensures laboratories are
- OSHA compliant, co-chair Aero Safety Committee.
- Administer technical center budget, instructional lab budget, order equipment and supplies, maintain technicians timekeeping and payroll.
- Manage and coordinate emergency response team; plan and direct fire and severe weather drills, certified hazardous materials technician, coordinates packaging and disposal of hazardous materials; administers spill prevention control and countermeasures plan.
- Maintains department’s radio communication network and voice landlines. Controls facilities exterior card readers and point entry software.
Start date at U-M: November 1984
Hometown: Belleville, Michigan
Favorite place or activity in Ann Arbor: Advice for new students: Staff are human, please feel free to talk with them!
Favorite quote: “My son, do not forget my teaching, but keep my commands in your heart, for they will prolong your life many years and bring you prosperity.”
Favorite free time activities or hobbies: Hiking, gardening and model railroading.